Building Robin began with the robes. She has rather sensible garments for a video game heroine. I began with the buttoning, using pearl gold cheese slopes for triangular patterns; the first try was too think and heavy, so I ditched a purple line there should be and made it a bit simpler. Fence pieces are used as golden lining. A blade piece is used on the hem for detail. They should go all around the hem, but you can't have everything: They would have been very hard to connect to the TECHNIC panels used at the back, and I only had two!
The head was hard. I tried several different designs. Stylished Nausicaä-style head was too small and made the shoulders look too broad and manly, and Batwing-eye-style looked too big. I finally settles with a design using minifig arms as eyes, similar to Red Lady of the Stream. It eventually grew on me, and I quite like it. Longer hair sets Robin apart from her male counterpart, otherwise they're quite identical.
So, this was the first MOC and post of 2017. Last year I wasn't as active as before, and I can't promise to post as much stuff this year than in 2015 neither. But I have few tricks up in my sleeves: I've been building modulars for an exhibit beginning next month in Vapriikki, the most important museum in Tampere and one of the biggest museums in Finland. There's still plenty of things to build, but I'm progressing, and I naturally also have lots of other WIPs and ideas.
|Time to tip the scales!|