The contest proposal fit my building style very well, so I was able to built this very fast before my summer vacation trips (now done). I made the hair one evening and the rest in one day. The main idea was simply to use orange pieces and especially the orange and reddish orange axe heads from Botanicals pink bouquet. These pieces directed the model into a more free-form direction. I connected them to flex tubes (rigid 3.18 mm) and their curves defined the wind-swept form. I liked it, as it fitted the lofty summer vibes I was pursuing. Thus, I named this Bonfire party dress as bonfires combine summer and fire - and festivities.
The resulting effect was more akin to looser-fitting, probably knitted garments than usual high-end party dresses and night gowns with fine, flowing or skin-tight fabrics. I think it fitted the Lego House celebration nonetheless. I combined the hem with a upper part that is similar in colour but contrasting in pattern, being very simple and focusing on shapes. Using 47755 mudguard pieces (that I analysed in one of my first New Elementary articles back in 2020) as the shoulder straps was one of the initial ideas of this one, and it worked quite nicely. A discreet piece of opan trans-clear jewelry completes the attire.
As intended, the dress is strikingly orange. To contrast this, and to emphasise the party aspect, I completed the model with pale blue shoes and a handbag. They also use the opal pieces to continue the jewelry motif. I'm particularly happy with the bag - its standard, classic chain pieces works surprisingly well as a handle strap. The cloth piece is from Winter Village Carousel of 2013; I have one, and it looked nicely realistic as the flap.
Next up, more Summer Joust!
-Eero.
0 comments :
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.